The Gulyas Pot is a website for any and all Hungarians, Hungarian Americans and friends of either who want to inject a little Hungarian culture into their everyday lives. You may be struggling with finding ways to connect with your kids or grandkids or feeling out-of-place at local Hungarian community events, but with the Gulyas Pot, you can step in at any time, from any place and pick up some fun and easy ideas to sprinkle a little paprika in your life!
Connect to your family history, get to know who you are and pass it on to the next generation! Because as everyone knows…
Hungarian Americans Really Spice Things Up!
The Hungarian American Coalition, Sponsorship Level: Gold
The Hungarian American Coalition was founded in 1991 as an educational and cultural non-profit 501 (c)3 organization. Its Office of Information in Washington, DC serves over 20,000 organizational and individual members across the United States. Its mission is to promote public understanding and awareness of Hungarian American issues.
Its goals include:
- To mobilize and coordinate the talents and resources of its members
- To foster interest and appreciation in the United States for the history, education and culture of Hungary
- To encourage cultural and educational interaction between the people of the United States and Hungary
- To protect and preserve the human and minority rights and cultural heritage of Hungarians throughout the world
- To support democratic institutions and economic development in Hungary.
Lauer Learning, Sponsorship Level: Gold
Lauer Learning creates innovative, educational multimedia products to teach children about foreign languages, cultures and historic events. We must make learning engaging and memorable so that today’s technologically and media savvy kids yearn to learn… at all levels and at all ages. After all, we can’t teach them if we can’t reach them.
The first wave of Hungarian products included:
- “FF56!” an immersive, historically-accurate computer game for young teens to experience the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. (www.FreedomFighter56.com oral history website)
- “Hungarian Freedom Fighters of ’56,” a historic graphic novel about 1956.
- “56 Stories,” a coffee table book available in both Hungarian and English containing 56 stories from ’56-ers and 9 stories from family members.
William Penn Association, Sponsorship Level: Gold
The William Penn Association is a Fraternal Benefit Society founded over 120 years ago. Our Association operates on a non-profit basis, providing Life Insurance and Annuities to our members.
We are dedicated to a four-part mission:
- Offering the best life insurance and annuity plans available at the lowest possible cost;
- Providing courteous, efficient and thorough service to our members;
- Conducting fraternal and charitable activities for the benefit of our members and the communities in which they live; and
- Promoting Hungarian ethnic cultural heritage.